The Hotel Bruno is situated a 5-minute walk from the gondola station in Fugen in Zillertal. https://www.hotelbruno.at/en/
This four-star hotel offers a choice of shared and single rooms All of the rooms have private facilities Some of the larger rooms have a bath.
The hotel has a lounge with an open fireplace, as well as a hotel bar, which is a great place to meet for a drink before dinner and a sauna and steam room for relaxing the muscles after a hard day’s skiing.
Breakfast is served from 07:30hrs and has a great choice of cereals, fruit, eggs, breads, yogurts, meats, as well as cooked eggs and bacon, which are served from 07.45. Dinner is four courses served between 19:00 and 20:00hrs, with a choice of main courses. Drinks are not included, but can be signed for at each meal and paid to the hotel at the end of your stay.
Sharing a twin room (beds are separate) £1099
Smaller single room with double bed £1183 (limited number)
Larger room for single occupancy £1288
The holiday package includes:
•Return flights from Heathrow to Munich, including a checked baggage allowance of one checked bag weighing up to 23 kilos.
(Flights can be arranged from any UK airport subject to quotation. You can also take a “no transport” option for a reduction of £150, but this will not then be covered by ATOL & your flight timings may mean that you incur a supplement for your transfers)
• Return airport transfers
• 7 nights staying at the four-star Hotel Bruno in Fugen in Zillertal
• Buffet breakfasts and four course evening meals with a choice of main course
• Use of the hotel’s sauna, steam room and relaxation area
• 5 days of guided skiing
* Flights can be arranged from any UK airport subject to quotation. You can also take a “no transport” option for a reduction of £150, but this will not then be covered by ATOL & your flight timings may mean that you incur a supplement for your transfers.
Explore the Ziller Valley in Austria. With over 500km of skiing, the valley offers interesting and varied skiing to challenge all levels of skier. The skiing will be all on piste and guided by qualified instructors, who will show you around a different ski area in the valley each day. To join the guiding, you must be able to ski red runs.
Each day we will visit a different ski area, usually starting with our most local resort of Spieljoch, which can be reached using the fabulous new gondola in Fugen itself. From there, we usually move on to skiing in Hochfugen, Hochzillertal, the Zillertal Arena (Zell am Ziller) and Mayrhofen.
We will stay half board at the Hotel Bruno but travel out each day to a different resort using the efficient local bus and train network, which is included on your lift pass. We will be guided on 5 days with one free ski day. The guides plan the route each day to give us the best possible experience to enjoy the best that the different ski areas have to offer . As there will be at least 2 guides we can offer a choice of speed, stopping for a coffee & lunch.
Itinerary Suggestions & Highlights:
• Day 1: Spieljoch – Enjoy using the new super-modern gondola lift system and visit the brand new “Mountain Loft” restaurant and rooftop bar overlooking the ski pistes at the top. Ski the longest ski run in the valley back down to the village.
• Day 2: Hochfugen – Internationally renowned as a freeride paradise, this area is set in a side-valley with a large bowl at the top and a varied range of ski runs all the way down to the valley. Accesses two of the most stylish mountain restaurants in the valley as well as a fabulous fairy-tale log-cabin style restaurant, among others.
• Day 3: Hochzillertal – Great for cruising, everyone enjoys their skiing in this ski area with it’s wide open slopes. It also has some of the most renowned mountain restaurants in Austria.
• Day 4: Zillertal Arena (Zell am Ziller) – Great for skiers who like to count their kilometres, this area provides the opportunity to cover a long distance, as it links over the Gerlos pass into Gerlos and Koenigsleiten.
• Day 5: Penken (Mayrhofen) – Ski the “Hara-kiri” – the steepest black run in Austria (or avoid it by taking an alternative route). The Penken is the larger ski area of the two Mayrhofen mountains and has plenty to explore, with a large gondola taking you over the top into the Lanersbach ski area in the Tux valley.
• Day 6: Free Day – No guiding is included
Day off Suggestions:
Use the included network of ski buses and train to re-visit your favourite of the ski areas in the valley that you skied with the guide, or if the weather is good, continue right up to the Hintertux
Glacier at the end of the Tux valley – reaching over 3000 meters, this is one of the only glacier ski areas that is open all year round for skiing and is included on your lift pass.
Visit Innsbruck, capital of the Tyrol region of Austria. Easy to reach by train in less than an hour, visit the famous ski jump overlooking the town, or stroll around the cobbled streets of the old town enjoying the shops and cafes surrounded by beautiful mountains.
Relax at the village Thermal Baths in Fugen. This swimming pool complex offers a real experience; swim from the indoor to the outdoor pool, try out the saltwater pool, or large “adventure pool” with wave machine as well as the longest slide in western Austria. There is also a sauna and steam area and treatments, such as massages can be pre-booked.
The advertised package prices include return flights from London Heathrow to Munich. It is possible to fly from other airports on request and this may incur a supplement, which you will be quoted for when making your booking.
If you plan to bring your own ski equipment with you then please let us know when making your booking so that we can add the ski carriage to your flight reservation. There is no additional charge for adding ski carriage or boots to the Heathrow flights, but it still needs to be pre-booked. If you plan to fly from a different airport then different baggage rules may apply and will be explained to you at time of booking.
Return airport transfers are included in the package. The transfer time from Munich is approximately 2 hours.
The lift pass will be added to your package and will be delivered to your hotel by the resort representative upon arrival. This can be paid with your balance, or two weeks prior to the holiday.
6-day Adult £240
5-day Adult £207
(There is no seniors discount on the lift passes).
Pre-book your ski hire when booking your package for easy collection upon arrival. You can pay for your ski hire with your balance or two weeks before arrival. One of the Redpoint resort team will accompany you to the hire shop and can advise on equipment choices, extras and upgrades.
6-days Adult Skis, Boots & Poles Hire/ Snowboard & Boots Hire (Silver Category) £110
6 days of Skis & Poles/Snowboard only (Silver Category) £82
6-days Adult Skis & Poles Hire/ Snowboard Hire (Gold Category) £138
Please go to “my bookings” in the top right of the screen
Register only if you have never used this system before
Log in to choose your holiday
This sends me a request for a place. I will then forward you to Redpoint Holidays to discuss your flight & room requirements.
Once your place is confirmed & your flight is booked please log back in to enter the details of your flight. This helps me to encourage other guests to use the same flight and books your transfer